Restrictions Exemption Program
As you are aware, the province has issued a Public Health Order recently in regard to business operations throughout Alberta, including youth sports facilities. Our focus is to keep the kids out on the ice, playing the sport they love during these challenging times.
Effective immediately, the Trochu Arena, and Kneehill Minor Hockey, will be operating under the Restrictions Exemption Program.
This means the following for games and practices:
1. All attendees/spectators aged 12 and over* to provide valid:
- Proof of vaccination;
- Proof of a privately-paid negative rapid test result taken within 72 hours of service; or
- Documentation of a medical exemption
*Youth 12-17 years of age are not required to show proof of vaccination if they are engaged in organized sport. (Should they become spectators, they would then need proof of vaccination, negative test or exemption).
2. As per the REP, to enter into the Trochu Arena, proof of vaccination is:
- Valid photo identification that matches the vaccine record (only required for adults 18 and over)
- Valid paper or digital vaccine record that shows name, vaccine type and date of administration.
3. Other restrictions in effect include:
- Masking required in all areas of the facility, unless:
- Users are engaged in physical activity.
- Spectators are required to participate in the REP; masking is required
4. Hockey Alberta quick chart: this includes that coaches must also follow the REP and show proof of vaccination, negative test or exemption.
5. Our arena concession will now be opened under the REP. Please see website for volunteer shift information.
KMHA continues to adjust to the guidelines and procedures the province has in place for public safety.
Each team will need to come up with a plan to follow the program and the rules that have been put in place. Please be respectful of the staff and volunteers who are trying to make it all work to keep our kids playing! Should you have questions, please contact your age group director.
Thanks for your understanding